iTHRIV, in partnership with the School of Medicine Office of Grants and Contracts and the Office of Sponsored Programs at UVA, has developed a new mentoring program for research administrators. The Research Administration Mentoring Program and University Partnership (RAMP UP) has a foundational commitment to supporting the success and professional development of all research administrators. This pilot program is currently seeking experienced research administrators to serve as mentors and newer research administrators who want to expand their knowledge as mentees.
RAMP UP UVA is a one-year program designed to provide formalized mentoring relationships to build a stronger research administration community.
Goals of RAMP UP
- Strengthen professional networks within UVA’s research community and beyond
- Foster long-term careers and increase interest/improve retention in research administration
- Create a supportive and interactive learning environment for leadership development
- Enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities of Research Administrators
- Increase the shared research administration knowledge base across departments
Attached is our call for applications (RAMPUP-Mentor-RFA) for those Research Administrators who would be willing to participate as mentors. We will also be releasing our call for mentees soon. If you have additional questions about the program or would like to be considered for either role, please let us know.
Questions can be directed to Kayla Calvo at email@example.com.
Filed Under: Research