“…the MBSR course was wonderful. I actually changed a couple of ‘habits’ I had at work; not only am I noticing the change, so are others.
- Leaving work for my full 45min to eat lunch by the windows.
- Allowing time to walk outside, even if for a minute, to breath in fresh air.
- Noticing when I am becoming stressed, taking a moment to step back and take a deep breath. I have been working with others to incorporate a better pathway when stress arises…which is hourly.
- Confronting coworkers in a respectful manner when I believe ineffective communication is taking place. I used to get worked up, but now I can feel when I’m getting annoyed and address the person at hand respectfully.
- Telling coworkers ‘thank you’ and ‘nice job’ more to help encourage teamwork/ self worth.
- Understanding what I have control of and what I have to ‘let go’
I’ve been using meditation/ gratitude practice/ body scans in my teaching for stress reduction.
I have ‘turned’ others on to MBSR and the wonderful benefits.
I now talk about better practices for stress and anxiety…with the idea that anxiety doesn’t have to define us.
The list is endless…thank you.”
Filed Under: News and Notes