Congratulations to the faculty below who have been awarded the 2020 School of Medicine Medical Education Fellowships (total of $100,000) for their innovative proposals! We had a strong pool of proposals from which to draw.
• Katia Sol-Church, PhD and Adrian Halme, PhD for their proposal to promote rigor and reproducibility in experimental research among early second-year BIMS students.
• Catherine Casey, MD for her proposal to strengthen the LGBT+ curriculum.
• Gauri Raval, MD, Diane Pappas,MD, JD, Amy Brown, MD, Kristina Johnson, MD, Mary Kate Worden, PhD, Andrew Parsons, MD, Mohan Nadkarni, MD, for their proposal to develop a curriculum around health equity focusing on the impact of racism on health and the historical context of racism in Charlottesville.
• Katharine DeGeorge, MD and Andrew Parsons, MD, for their proposal to develop an Evidently MD smartphone app.
• John McNeil, MD, Vaia Abatzis, MD, Lauren Dunn, MD, Lynn Kohan, MD, Edward Nemergut, MD, Jessica Sheeran, MD, and Thaddee Valdelievre, MD, for their proposal to develop an interactive, web-based tool for the Anesthesia clerkship.
The Medical Education Fellowship Awards provide release time of up to 100% for a limited time for faculty to develop teaching and learning innovations in our NxGen, BIMS, and public health educational programs. Funding awarded will support a specific percentage of effort (depending on request and availability of funds) for a specifically determined timeline that is sufficient to develop the innovation.
Congratulations to Firas El Chaer, MD and Karen Ballen, MD on a new publication in the British Journal of Hematology titled: “Treatment of acute leukemia in adult Jehovah’s Witnesses”.
Congratulations to Mike Salerno MD, PhD, MS for being named a Vivien Pinn Scholar at UVA for the next three years. With this comes three years of support for a new research direction.
Congratulations to Todd Villines, MD who was just named to a 5-year term as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Cardiovascular CT.
Congratulations to Andrew Wolf, MD, Julia den Hartog, MD, John Macknight, MD, Eve Bargmann, MD, Matt Goodman, MD, Ken Ballew, MD, Kim Dowdell, MD, and Christina Tieu, MD. Who each received recognition for top tier performance in patient satisfaction scores from the Medical Center. This is a real tribute to the extraordinary efforts and care that are recognized by their patients.
Filed Under: Notable Achievements