April and May are busy months for national meetings and research presentations. The Division has been represented well both here and across the country.
At the 2014 SGIM Annual Meeting In San Diego this April
- Dr. Preston Reynolds presented a poster on the Development and Validation of the Medical Professionalism Behavior Assessment tool, a tool that is likely to become a national standard. She also coordinated a session on Personalized Medicine for the Generalist: Clinical Pearls and Opportunities for Engagement.
- Tabor Flickinger’s abstract was chosen as a Hamolsky finalist (an honor given to the best scientific abstracts), and she did a fabulous job during the oral presentation.
- Drs. Becker and Helenius also had a poster on the “magic desk” project.
At the DOM Research and Scholars’ Day poster session in May
- Laurie Archbald was represented by a number of projects on Clostridium difficile that she mentored.
- John Voss (Predictors of Mortality) and Mo Nadkarni (Diabetes in African American women) also mentored resident projects.
Congratulations to all!