The integrated Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (iTHRIV), the School of Medicine Office of Grants and Contracts, and the Office of Sponsored Programs at UVA are pleased to announce a new mentoring program for Research Administrators. The Research Administration Mentoring Program and University Partnership (RAMP UP) has a foundational commitment to supporting the success and professional development of all Research Administrators. This pilot program is currently seeking experienced Research Administrators to serve as Mentors and newer Research Administrators who want to pursue professional development as Mentees.
RAMP UP UVA is a one year program designed for Research Administrators to establish formalized mentoring relationships in order to build a stronger research administration community.
Goals of RAMP UP UVA
- Strengthen professional networks within UVA’s research community and beyond
- Foster long-term careers and increase interest/improve retention in research administration
- Create a supportive and interactive learning environment for leadership development
- Enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities of Research Administrators
- Increase shared research administration knowledge base across departments
Mentees will be asked to commit to meeting with their mentor at least twice per month, and participate in a six session seminar series.
Program Timeline: September 2022 – August 2023
Where: Sessions will be held in person at a location TBD
Application Due Date: Completed applications are due by August 15th, 2022
How to Submit: To submit an application please follow the link here: https://redcapsurvey.healthsystem.virginia.edu/surveys/?s=JDF9PXAMPC
Questions: Please feel free to contact Kayla Calvo at email@example.com
Filed Under: Research