The NIH-NCATS’ Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSA) Program supports an elite network of institutions, called hubs, across the country. One of these hubs is the integrated Translational Health Research Institute of Virginia (iTHRIV) which is a collaborative effort involving UVA, Virginia Tech, Carilion Clinic, and Inova. iTHRIV focuses on catalyzing and sustaining inclusive clinical and translational research through diverse, collaborative team science, innovative data science, and broad workforce development in order to improve human health and promote health equity. In line with NCATS vision, iTHRIV aims at enhancing the translational research process to accelerate the delivery of new treatments to all patients within a shorter timeframe.
The Research Concierge Services is a resource provided by iTHRIV at no cost to research teams and easily accessible through the iTHRIV portal. These services are available through a centralized point of contact, which offers guidance and support to clinical and translational researchers at various stages of their projects and helps them navigate the complex landscape of research. Personalized assistance is provided by connecting research team members with the relevant resources, expertise, and tools necessary to advance their work.
Key features of iTHRIV Research Concierge Services include:
- Expert guidance on feasibility assessments, research proposal development, research design, methodologies, data analysis, and other critical aspects.
- Help researchers identify and access the appropriate resources needed for their specific projects. This includes facilitating access to specialized equipment, core facilities, databases, and funding opportunities.
- Collaboration is an integral part of translational research. iTHRIV actively promotes and facilitates collaboration among researchers, connecting them with potential collaborators both within and outside their institutions.
- Educational resources and training programs to support researchers in acquiring new skills, staying updated with emerging trends, and complying with ethical and regulatory requirements.
- Research processes often involve numerous administrative and regulatory steps. The Research Concierge Services assist researchers in navigating these processes efficiently, providing guidance on institutional policies, grant submissions, funding sources, budget and billing, regulatory compliance, and other administrative procedures.
Overall, iTHRIV Research Concierge Services aim to facilitate and optimize the research experience for investigators, enabling them to focus on their scientific goals. The iTHRIV Research Concierge Services are available to connect UVA investigators with clinical and translational research services across Grounds. They can also help research teams understand and utilize UVA systems that support research operations.
If you are interested in learning more about the resources and support iTHRIV provides to researchers, please reach out to the iTHRIV Research Concierge Services Manager, Lina Mata-McMurry, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you are have a specific consult you would like addressed, please visit https://portal.ithriv.org, login with Netbadge, and click on “Request a Consult.”
Filed Under: Research