- UVA has been recognized as Baby-Friendly by Baby-Friendly, USA, an organization that is part of the World Health Organization. This is a prestigious designation that is held by fewer than 300 hospitals across the nation. The UVA Health System had to meet strict guidelines, many of which focus on breastfeeding.
- The Midlife Health Symposium was held on October 20th at Mt. Zion First African Baptist Church. The event was dedicated to the memory of Betsy Houston, a long-time donor and supporter of UVA Medical Center programs.
- Kate Pettit is the newest physician in the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division. She has recently finished her Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship at the University of California in San Diego and is excited to begin her academic career at the University of Virginia.
- The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is excited to introduce the UVA Midwifery service. UVA midwives provide well-woman and gynecologic care, contraception, and obstetric care in close collaboration with our Northridge and Maternal-Fetal Medicine physicians. Our certified nurse-midwives include Mary Kwiecinski, CNM, Division Director for UVA Midwifery, Kate Becker, CNM, WHNP-BC and Barbara Gordon, CNM. Please call 434-924-2500 for an appointment.
- Are you a UVA employee who is expecting a baby or planning on growing your family? Come to the UTeam Baby Shower on November 2, 2015 to tour updated Labor and Delivery rooms, postpartum rooms and talk to representatives from FEAP, UVA Breastfeeding Medicine, UVA Obstetricians and Pediatricians as well as others. The event will be held at the UVA Medical Center in Dining Conference Rooms 2 & 3. This event has three sessions: 7:30 – 9:30 am, 11:00 – 1:30 pm, and 6:30 – 7:30 pm. Visit the family support page to learn more.
Filed Under: Features