The UVA School of Medicine Office of Organizational Learning and Development is pleased to announce the summer schedule of classes available for all School of Medicine Employees. These professional development programs are tailored specifically to our employees and are held locally. There is no cost to attend and the classes are open to all SOM faculty and staff. The offerings are:
- Behavioral Interviewing: For those who interview and hire others (NEW) Come to this class and learn how to conduct high-quality interviews and hire the best candidates.
- Managing Change for Supervisors (NEW): This session helps you understand the psychological and emotional aspects of change, and provides you with tools and techniques to more easily lead your team through small and large changes.
- Leading Positive Change: During this session you will learn a positive approach to solving problems and growing opportunities which focuses on past successes, expands hope and possibility, leverages creativity, and creates a shared vision. This method does not ignore problems, but instead, flips them on their head to resolve them using a positive, energizing approach.
- Crucial Conversations: Come to this 2-part program to learn how to identify and master the Crucial Conversations. We often get stuck not achieving what we want in a variety of areas, ranging from awkward or failing relationships to dysfunctional teams, to quality or safety problems at work. This program will give you skills to enhance your organizational, team, and interpersonal success.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: This session will make the theory of psychological types described by C. G. Jung (1921/1971) understandable and useful in your life. During this session you will learn how to identify, understand and appreciate these personality differences in order to enhance your work and personal relationships.
- StrengthsFinder: This program is based on the book, “Now, Discover Your Strengths”, written by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D. As part of this program you will take an online personal assessment, “Clifton Strengths Finder,” to identify your strengths. By identifying your individual strengths you can determine ways to apply them to your role, resulting in an increase in both your skill and engagement on the job.
For more information on each class, schedules, locations, and to register, please contact Anne Williams at 434-924-1199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed Under: What's New