Start Date: 10/2013
Medical School: Ross University
Residency: Internal Medicine/Pediatrics – Stony Brook University Medical Center
Fellowship: Adult/Pediatric Rheumatology – University of Pittsburgh
Research Interests: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Myopathies
Proudest/greatest achievement outside of the professional realm?
My greatest achievement outside of the professional realm is my 3 children. Like most people with young children, they drive us crazy but keep us active and make us laugh.
What are you usually doing on the weekend or during time off?
I am usually taking the kids to their weekend activities or building something for them to play with or play “in”. Last year with a little help from my 4 year-old we built an indoor playhouse.
Best advice anyone ever gave you?
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
What about you would surprise us?
I really wanted to be a pilot, but when I began flying lessons I was a “poor” resident and could not afford it.
University of Virginia Health System and Bon Secours Arthritis and Osteoporosis Center of Richmond
Our comprehensive services focus on the treatment and diagnosis of rheumatic diseases in adults and children. We have the experience and personality to establish a relationship of trust and confidence with your patients and their parents.
We treat the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Sjogren’s syndrome
- Spondyloarthropathy (Psoriatic Arthritis, Enthesitis-related Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, IBD-related Arthritis)
- Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis, Juvenile Dermatomyositis
- Scleroderma, Localized Scleroderma
- Periodic fever syndromes and Autoinflammatory diseases
- Inflammatory Eye Diseases
Filed Under: Features