From Martha Hellems:
There is an opportunity to get involved and help with patient education, meaningful use, the notorious AVS, and more! A new Patient Education Subcommittee is being formed. This committee, which will report to the Patient Care Committee, needs more representation from Pediatrics. Desiree Yeago (Northridge Pediatrics) and I are the only Pediatrics voices on this committee and we could use your help. Everyone is welcome, MDs, nursing, anyone with an interest in patient education – so pass on the word in your clinic or division. Contact Cindy Westley (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
The Committee’s Charge:
- Support/oversight to local Pt Ed groups (including service centers)
- Patient Education Forums (twice a year)
- Oversight of Scope of Service and Policy
- Support standard work related to consistent messages and resources (Be Safe)
- Voice for allied health providers related to patient communication
- Review of handouts and other resources – Patient Information – Marketing/ Patient Education – Repository.
- Patient Satisfaction
- Joint Commission Standards and Audit
- Meaningful Use measures
- Patient Education Repository
- Epic Improvements for documentation patient education and AVS/Discharge Instructions
Filed Under: What's New