From Randy Canterbury, MD:
I write to invite applications for the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs in the School of Medicine. Our medical students are grouped into four colleges, each of which is mentored by a college dean who is an Assistant Dean for Student Affairs. The Assistant Dean for Student Affairs will report to the Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs, who serves as the fourth college dean and ensures consistency in policies and operations across all four colleges.
The college dean is responsible for:
- providing career and personal counseling to facilitate academic and social support;
- developing networking opportunities;
- developing community and social experiences;
- serving as a liaison to other University offices (e.g., Student Health, Counseling and Psychological Services, Student Disability Access Center) with respect to current student needs; and
- creating and implementing initiatives to foster educational and professional success in a student-centered environment.
The position requires a minimum four-year commitment which must be approved by the candidate’s division chief and/or department chair. The position requires a commitment of 35% effort and carries an equal level of salary support. As with all administrative appointments, this appointment is subject to review and renewal.
Applicants must hold an MD with a full-time faculty appointment and must have demonstrated previous experience in the professional development of medical students or residents.
Interested applicants should apply with letter of interest and current CV by Friday, June 5. Please send these materials to Lesley Thomas, Assistant Dean for Medical Education, at LLT6P@virginia.edu. Of course, should you have further questions or if you would like more detail prior to applying, please feel free to contact me directly.
Filed Under: What's New