The UVA Medical Alumni Association announced the 2023 recipients of six awards. This year’s awards and recipients include:
- Walter Reed Distinguished Achievement Award: Michael R. Nelson, MD ’89, PhD ’93, UVA Professor of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Immunology
- Distinguished Achievement Award in Biomedical Sciences: Catherine A. Christian-Hinman, PhD ’08
- MD Early Achievement Award: Kristen Leeman, MD ’06
- Early Achievement Award in Biomedical Sciences: Kristian Hargadon, PhD ’07
- Humanitarian Award: Joseph F. Smiddy, MD ’67
- Outstanding Medical Alumnus Award: Nora Kern, MD ’08, UVA Associate Professor of Urology, Division of Pediatric Urology
Read more about all the recipients on the UVA Medical Alumni Association website.