UVA SOM Faculty News Weekly Round-Up
February 23, 2018
• Researchers Compare Risk Factors and Outcomes of Daptomycin Non-Susceptible and -Susceptible VRE Infections in Liver Transplant Recipients
UVA researchers studying post-transplant VRE infections have published their findings in Transplant Infectious Disease.
UVA School of Medicine faculty and staff contributing to the paper include the following:
– Jessica Lewis, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Infectious Diseases
– Andrew Barros, MD, Resident
– Costi Sifri, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Infectious Diseases
Read more: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/tid.12856/full
• Association of Vascular and Interventional Radiographers President’s Message: A Call for Standardization in Technologist Education
Alisha Hawrylack, RT(R)(VI), President of the Association of Vascular and Interventional Radiographers, published commentary in the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Hawrylack is also Program Director of the Charles J. Tegtmeyer, MD, Program of Interventional Radiography and Special Procedures at UVA.
The following faculty also contributed:
– Ziv Haskal, MD, FSIR, Professor of Radiology
– John Angle, MD, FSIR, Professor of Radiology
Read more: https://www.sciencedirect.com/…/artic…/pii/S1051044318307978
• UVA House Call: Dr. Gorav Ailawadi on Heart Valve Disease
Gorav Ailawadi, MD, Professor of Surgery, talked with NBC29 about heart valve disease.
Watch the interview: http://www.nbc29.com/…/uva-house-call-dr-gorav-ailawadi-on-…
Did we miss something? If you have UVA SOM faculty news to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed Under: News