Location: Pinn Hall Rm 1014 and virtual
Date: Mar 24, 2023 - Mar 24, 2023
Start Time: 12:30 pm
End Time: 1:30 pmEvent Link
Cancer Center Seminar Series: “The Diverse Molecular and Cellular Biology of ADR-Ribosylation in Cancer”
Speaker: W. Lee Kraus, MD, Professor and Director, Cecil H. and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, UT Southwestern Medical Center
Five Reasons to Attend this Seminar:
1. Learn about new aspects of ADP–ribosylation and the PARP family of enzymes that have not historically received much attention.
2. Learn about the connections among NAD+ biosynthesis, NAD+compartmentalization, and the functions of nuclear and cytoplasmic ADP–ribosyl transferases.
3. Learn how PARP enzymes and ADP–ribosylation are providing new therapeutic opportunities in oncology.
4. Hear from a thought leader in the field, who has helped move the field beyond PARP1 and DNA repair, developed new technologies to study ADP–ribosylation, and
founded two biotech companies to target the enzymology of ADP–ribosylation in cancers.
5. See why PARPs and ADP–ribosylation are fun!
Lunch will be served from 12-12:30 p.m.
If you have questions or feedback, or if you would like to host a seminar in the future, please email Jane Heblich
For more Cancer Center Seminars, visit UVA Comprehensive Cancer Center Seminar & Events.
Filed Under: Events