Location: Pinn Hall Rm 1014 and virtual
Date: Apr 21, 2023 - Apr 21, 2023
Start Time: 12:30 pm
End Time: 1:30 pmEvent Link
Cancer Center Seminar Series: “Harnessing Evolutionary Dynamics to Control or Cure Metastatic Cancers”
Speaker: Robert Gatenby, MD, Chair of Radiology Department, Co-Director Cancer Biology and Evolution Program
Five Reasons to Attend this Seminar:
1. Understand the dynamics of evolution beyond the “mutation-selection” sequence that is typically described in cancer literature.
2. Identify cancer treatment as a game played between the oncologist and cancer and the oncologist’s inherent advantages in the game.
3. Consider the eco-evolutionary dynamics of tumor resistance to therapy.
4. Does integration of evolutionary principles into cancer therapy improve outcome?
5. Cancer therapy as extinction: Dinosaurs or Galapagos Goats?
Lunch will be served from 12-12:30 p.m.
If you have questions or feedback, or if you would like to host a seminar in the future, please email Jane Heblich
For more Cancer Center Seminars, visit UVA Comprehensive Cancer Center Seminar & Events.
Filed Under: Events