Date: Sep 14, 2023 - Sep 14, 2023
Start Time: 5:00 pm
End Time: 6:00 pmEvent Link
Facilitated by Kathryn Idol Xixis, MD, Assistant Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics
Description/Learning Objectives: The current generation of learners grew up with technology from a young age. This generation prefers customized approaches to education rather than traditional lecture-based classroom methods. Digital tools is an umbrella term for a wide variety of education strategies that incorporate technology. This session will focus on understanding what digital tools are and becoming familiar with various types of digital tools. The session will spend time discussing three specific digital tools in more detail, and the session will include a small group breakout activity to allow participants to contemplate ways to apply these digital tools in their educational endeavors. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Describe the importance of digital tools in education in the modern era.
• List the various types of digital tools.
• Discuss the specifics of 3 very different types of digital tools.
• Name and define types of digital tools.
• Describe potential uses of an audience response system and social media in education as well as potential uses of digital tools in the flipped classroom model.
• Brainstorm how to teach a concept using one of these tools. (1.00 CME Credit)
Filed Under: Events