Date: Apr 14, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
Start Time: 12:30 pm
End Time: 1:30 pmEvent Link
Cancer Center Seminar Series: “Cancer Genetics to Guide Therapies and Diagnostics for Breast Cancer”
Speaker: Ben Ho Park, MD, PhD, Benjamin F Byrd Chair in Oncology, Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Five Reasons to Attend this Seminar:
1. Learn how to leverage DNA alterations in cancer for diagnostics and therapeutics.
2. Understand the goals of therapy when we give chemotherapy first for newly diagnosed patients with early-stage breast cancer.
3. Learn a little history about digital PCR and next-gen sequencing.
4. See the cool Zoom backgrounds Dr. Park has been using since the pandemic.
5. Learn some fun facts about Dr. Park like what are his dogs’ names? Does he really have an evil twin? What is his favorite pastime?
If you have questions or feedback, or if you would like to host a seminar in the future, please email Jane Heblich
For more Cancer Center Seminars, visit UVA Comprehensive Cancer Center Seminar & Events.
Filed Under: Events