Location: Medical Education Bldg. and Health Sciences Library
Date: Dec 1, 2022 - Dec 23, 2022
Each year, UVA’s chapter of the Student National Medical Association (SNMA) works with Charlottesville’s City of Promise to sponsor a toy drive for the children of the Westhaven community. The kids create their holiday wish lists, and through the tremendously generous donors of the UVA students, faculty, and staff, we collect gift cards to give to families to make those lists come true!
If you would like to be a donor for our toy drive this year, you have two ways in which to give:
1) You can either buy a $20 gift card directly from any of the following stores (sign up here):
- -Old Navy (16 gift cards needed)
- -Target (18 gift cards needed)
- Amazon (16 gift cards needed)
- DSW (16 gift cards needed)
- Walmart (18 gift cards needed)
- Kohl’s (16 gift card needed)
2) You can Venmo any amount to @UVASNMA that we will use towards buying gift cards, which you can also use the signup sheet to indicate your donation. You can also donate cash or write a check, and you can reach out to either Eoin Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joselyne Tonleu (email@example.com) if you would like to do so.
Gift cards/Venmo/cash/check are due by the end of day on Friday, December 23.
There will be a box in both the student lounge in the Medical Education Building and in the Health Sciences Library to drop off gift cards.
Let us know if you have any questions, and thank you in advance for making this holiday season special for the kids of the Westhaven community!
SNMA Community Service Co-Chairs
Eoin Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joselyne Tonleu (email@example.com)
Event is sponsored in partnership with UVA Health Office of Diversity and Community Engagement.
Filed Under: Community, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion