The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library is currently interviewing candidates for the School of Medicine Librarian position. During interviews on February 6-7, time has been set aside for interested School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students to be involved in the process. You may attend candidate presentations 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. and a Meet & Greet with medical students 1-2 p.m. If you’d like to participate, please contact Dan Wilson, the library’s deputy director.
The library hopes to have a new librarian in place by April, until which time Dan Wilson will continue to be the SOM primary contact. The Health Sciences Library also has a team of librarians who can provide support. Please contact Dan directly or fill out an Ask Us form, which is also located on the Health Sciences Library’s website.
Below is a list of library spaces, resources, and services for medical students and other members of the School of Medicine community.
- 24/7/365 access to quiet and collaborative spaces
- Amenities for long study periods include a filtered water dispenser, a Keurig, a 24/7 food & drink kiosk, and a variety of desk seating/standing options
- Reservable group study rooms
- Whiteboards and printers and cables for charging
- An information portal tailored to the needs of SOM students, and an AskUs form to get your questions answered by the right library specialist
- Core electronic textbooks in ClinicalKey and AccessMedicine
- Electronic multimedia resources such as Bates Visual Guide to Physical Examination, Acland’s Video Atlas of Human Anatomy, and VisualDx
- Discovery resources such as PubMed, Embase, Web of Science, and Scopus
- Access to over 1.1 million ebooks, 395,000 journals, and 1022 databases from other libraries on Grounds
- Essential Evidence + for obtaining synthesized medical evidence. Covidence to assist you synthesize your own medical evidence
- BrowZine for creating your own personal library of journal titles
- Friendly Service Desk team members available 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Data and stats support from our team of data specialists
- Specialists dedicated to video and virtual reality support
- Access to free classes and office hours on many research specific topics
- A team of professional librarians to help you with your information seeking projects and assignments
- Referrals to other information and data professionals across Grounds
- A team of library staff members dedicated to making the Library’s space inclusive, welcoming, and accessible to all patrons
Filed Under: Community