The Clin 1 Clinical Intake Team has worked hard to recruit more than 190 new nurses using a growth mindset, which is the belief that abilities can be developed through hard work and dedication, rather than predetermined by genes or natural talent. The newly recruited nurses include 56 hires this winter and 134 hired for summer 2023 with recruitment still ongoing. To recruit new nurses, the team overcame challenges to make connections, improve processes, answer questions, and provide mentorship to introduce new nurses to the organization.
Below are some key takeaways to cultivating a growth mindset as exhibited by the Clin 1 Clinical Intake Team:
- Embrace challenges: View difficult tasks as opportunities to learn and grow. Remember that making mistakes is a natural part of the learning process.
- Persist through setbacks: View setbacks as learning opportunities and a chance to improve. Use them as motivation to drive us to do better next time.
- Learn from criticism: It can be easy to become defensive when we receive constructive criticism, but when we open ourselves to feedback, we can make positive and informed changes to improve.
- Surround ourselves with positivity: Seek out colleagues who have a growth mindset and who encourage us to develop ours. And if you can’t avoid certain negative people in your life, remember to not let their words weigh you down with them.
- Focus on effort, not just talent: Recognize that hard work and dedication are just as important as natural talent. Celebrate our own efforts and the efforts of our colleagues, rather than just focusing on achievements.
Filed Under: Clinical