The Jefferson Trust annual grant cycle is open for the 2022-23 academic year to any UVA student, faculty, or staff with an innovative idea or idea to radically expand an existing program. Grant proposals including everything from starting a new student group to supporting an innovative research project to seeding a University initiative. The Annual Cycle is intended for requests with budgets ranging from $10,000 to over $300,000, but there are no minimums, and maximums vary based on available funds.
Guidelines for proposals:
- Tangible positive impact on the student experience, the University community, or society at large and encourage innovation and/or leadership.
- All UVA students, faculty, and staff are eligible to apply.
- Innovative ideas and radical expansions of existing programs and projects. We do not provide sustainable, operating funds, nor support ventures with a for-profit outlook.
- Single and multi-year timelines (no more than three) provided the budgets for each year are submitted.
- Physical spaces are typically not funded unless tied to funding a new program.
Annual Grant Timeline:
- Now: Letter of Inquiry (LOI) forms available in the grant portal
- September 15: Last day to submit an LOI with feedback
- October 1: Last day to submit a finalized LOI
- October 31: Proposal deadline
- January 20-21, 2023: Proposal pitches
- February 2023: Grants awarded
Submission information: Jefferson Trust Grant Seekers
Questions: Amy Abonner, Director of Grants, Jefferson Trust
Filed Under: Calls to Action