Calling all artists, scholars, clinicians, and writers whose work highlights health (in)equity in Virginia to apply for a new Health Equity & Justice Fellowship available due to a partnership between Virginia Humanities, UVA’s Center for Health Humanities and Ethics (CHHE) and the UVA School of Medicine’s Office of Diversity and Community Engagement.
This exciting opportunity is open to artists, scholars, and health care providers who are in pursuit of health equity-focused research in the humanities, bioethics, or arts; creative and artistic work; writing projects; or other work.
Details on the fellowship:
- The one-year fellowship begins in September 2023
- Provides a stipend of $55,000, plus health insurance
- Fellows will devote a minimum 30 hours per week to fellowship duties
- Private office space at the CHHE and access to all UVA libraries is provided.
- Application deadline is April 30, 2023
Applicants from backgrounds underrepresented in health care and academia and those practicing non-traditional and multi-disciplinary approaches to health equity scholarship are encouraged to apply.