Every year the Department of Medicine presents awards to faculty and staff members for outstanding contributions to the mission of the department. Faculty awards are presented for excellence in:
- Clinical Care: as demonstrated by outstanding productivity, a high level of patient satisfaction, development of new programs, or other areas of excellence.
- Research: as demonstrated by new grant funding, publication of research findings, or other areas of excellence.
- Teaching: as demonstrated by outstanding teaching reviews, development of new curricula, or other areas of excellence.
- Mentoring: as demonstrated by leadership in faculty development.
Awards for staff fall into two categories:
- Excellence in Administration (as demonstrated by managerial leadership)
- Outstanding Staff Contribution
Congratulations to the 2016 winners!
2016 FACULTY AWARDS
Excellence in Clinical Care
- Christopher Arnold, MD (Infectious Diseases & International Health)
- Adam Carlson, MD (Rheumatology)
- Ira Helenius, MD (General, Geriatric, Palliative & Hospital Medicine)
- Nicolas Intagliata, MD (Gastroenterology & Hepatology)
- Tamila Kindwall-Keller, MD (Hematology-Oncology)
- Timothy Short, MD (General, Geriatric, Palliative & Hospital Medicine)
- Jamie Kennedy, MD (Cardiovascular Medicine)
- Aditya Sharma, MD (Cardiovascular Medicine)
Excellence in Research
- Leon Farhy, PhD (Endocrinology)
- Scott Heysell, MD, MPH (Infectious Diseases & International Health)
- Rahul Sharma, PhD (Nephrology)
- Zhen Yan, PhD (Cardiovascular Medicine)
Excellence in Teaching
- Laurie Archbald-Pannone, MD (General, Geriatric, Palliative Care & Hospital Medicine)
- Robert Battle, MD (Cardiovascular Medicine
- Robert Gibson, MD (Cardiovascular Medicine)
- Shetal H. Padia, MD (Endocrinology & Metabolism)
- Bryan Sauer (Gastroenterology & Hepatology)
Excellence in Mentorship
- James Bergin, MD (Cardiovascular Medicine)
- Eric Houpt, MD (Infectious Diseases & International Health)
- Susan Kirk, MD (Endocrinology)
- Thu Le, MD (Nephrology)
2016 STAFF AWARDS
Excellence in Administration
- Sarah Creef-Baugher (Division Administrator, Endocrinology)
- Tara Herring (Financial/Research Admin., Cardiovascular Medicine)
Outstanding Staff Contribution
- Kevin Aylor (Lab Specialist, Endocrinology)
- Pam Bickley (Ryan White Clinic Coordinator, Infectious Diseases)
- Martha Burner (Admin. Asst., Endocrinology)
- Pam Schaefer (Grants Admin., Infectious Diseases)
Marshall Receives Records Management Award
Sandy Marshall, an administrative assistant in the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, received a Significant Records Management Contribution Award from the University Records Management Office in October 2016. The award is given to an individual has made significant contributions to the department or university in records management. Congratulations Sandy!
Filed Under: DOM in the News