All editorial decisions are based on the content and quality of the work submitted. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please tell us as soon as your work is accepted elsewhere.
Read all information below, and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below to submit your work.
• All work must be accompanied by contact information (name, address, e-mail address) and the title of each piece. Submissions are open to anyone.
• Please attach your written piece as a Word document.
• Please attach visual art as .jpg files.
• Please attach all files to a single email but send separate emails for different genres. For example, if you are sending four poems, attach them to one email; if you are also submitting another piece, please send it with another message. Put the kind of submission in the email subject line; i.e. “Poetry submission”, “Fiction submission”, “Nonfiction submission” and “Art submission”.
Submission formatting, by genre:
• Poetry submissions can consist of no more than five poems and the entire submission should be no longer than ten pages.
• All prose submissions should be double-spaced with one inch margins.
• Submissions should be no more than 5,000 words.
• Submit no more than 8 pieces of art in .jpg format per issue. Please do not exceed 1MB in a single email when submitting multiple .jpg files.
Mixed Media Files
• Pieces submitted must be original video with audio, but not audio alone. The piece should relate to or be inspired by the theme of health and illness.
• Each piece should be no more than 2 minutes long.
RIGHTS: By submitting your work, you affirm that you are the sole author or artist, and maintain all rights for your work. If your work is accepted for publication, Hospital Drive retains an exclusive use of Electronic Rights (the right to publish and reproduce your material online) for a period of time equal to one publication cycle starting from the date the work first appears on Hospital Drive’s Web site. Hospital Drive also retains Electronic Archival Rights (the entire issue in which your work appears will be stored in electronic form for public inspection after original publication), and the non-exclusive right to reprint the piece once in print or electronic format (CD), should we produce a print or CD anthology in the future. We retain the right to re-size the images selected to fit design format.
You will also retain copyright and the right to be acknowledged as the moral author or artist of your work. While available as the current issue online, no original work may appear in another publication, either electronic or print, except when identified as part of Hospital Drive and with permission from Hospital Drive. As a courtesy we ask that authors acknowledge their publication in Hospital Drive in any subsequent publication.
By submitting material to Hospital Drive you affirm that you have read and agree to all of our submission guidelines. Guidelines and rights are subject to change without notice.