The 2022-23 Junior Faculty Development Program (JFDP) cohort final presentations and graduation was held Wednesday, April 12. Sponsored by the Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development, the JFDP is designed to address the needs of junior faculty and provide a foundation for their success. Participants participate in bi-weekly sessions focused on research, education, and career and academic development topics. Participants also work on scholarly projects under the direction of senior faculty mentors. During the final session, each participant shared progress on and dissemination plans for their projects, received their graduation certificates, and were joined by their department chairs and mentors. Congratulations to the JFDP group, who began the program in October 2022 and are the seventh cohort to complete the program. This year’s JFDP graduates are:
- Matthew Barrick, DDS, Assistant Professor of Dentistry, Advancing Digital Dentistry in a General Practice Residency Program
- Ashley Garneau, MD, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Effect of Enhanced Recovery Program on Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Pain Management in Women Undergoing Scheduled Cesarean Delivery: A Multicenter Study
- Anubhav Kumar, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Point-of-Care Ultrasound Curriculum for Nephrology Fellows (and Attendings)
- Nicholas Larkey, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pathology, Decreasing blood product usage in the TCV-PO ICU by the implementation of point-of-care Sonic Estimation of Elasticity via Resonance (SEER) sonorheometry
- Joseph Leeds, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Impact of Delayed Graft Function Duration on Kidney Allograft Outcomes
- Jamie MacLeod, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Lung Transplantation: Does Tacrolimus Really Work?
- Nicolas Ortiz, MD, Assistant Professor of Urology, Optimization of Postoperative Care of Patients Undergoing Penile Prostheses Surgery
- Stacy Park, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Improving Appropriateness of Vancomycin Use in Hospitalized Patients
- Anna Smith, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, A retrospective review of allergen immunotherapy adherence at a tertiary care referral center
- Eryn Thiele, MD, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Compassion and Confidence: An Observational Study of Anesthesiology Residents While Performing a Mock Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Jiefu Zheng, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Radiology and Medical Imaging, Investigation of novel patterns of tumor response to immunotherapy using FDG PET-CT imaging
The application process will open soon for junior faculty who would like to apply to participate in the 2023-2024 JFDP. Junior faculty are invited to discuss their interest with their department chair and then submit an application by Friday, May 12, 2023. Learn more about the submission process for the Junior Faculty Development Program.