PURPOSE AND RESEARCH FIELDS
This RfP will support projects that seek to elucidate the molecular determinants of henipavirus replication, pathogenesis and transmission for the purpose of developing therapeutic discovery programs targeting virus and/or host-specific targets important for virus replication. Projects can be of both novel and exploratory nature and of later-stage validation/developmental nature.
Specific areas of interest include:
- Biomarkers of henipavirus pathogenesis in humans to facilitate drug discovery programs and clinical evaluation of antiviral therapies.
- Identification and validation of virus and/or host targets necessary for henipavirus replication that could serve as starting points for therapeutic discovery.
- Inhibitors of virus and/or host targets that are broadly active across paramyxoviruses with a preference for henipaviruses.
- Novel tools and assays for studying henipavirus replication and pathogenesis that do not require BSL-4 containment.
- Target based approaches for henipavirus antiviral discovery and development.
Projects on vaccines, antibody therapy, and epidemiology will not be considered for funding.
HOW TO APPLY
The full call text, including eligibility criteria, funding framework, details of the application process, and instructions on how to apply and what information to include in an application can be found in the guidelines – link via button below.
The application must be completed in English and submitted using the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s application and grant management system, NORMA – link to application system via button below.
The PAD founding partners Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Open Philanthropy and Novo Nordisk Foundation will have access to all the proposals submitted to this RfP.
Deadline for submission of concept note: 5 May 2022 at 2 pm CEST
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities