The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has launched four requests for proposals – all now open for applications – through the Grand Challenges Global Call-to-Action, inaugurating this new member of the Grand Challenges family of initiatives, and one request for proposals through Grand Challenges, building on an earlier program. Please check the website at the links below for the application deadlines and more information.
- Strengthening Data Science Capacity and the Ecosystem: Enabling Data-Centered Public Health Interventions (now open for applications)
- Building Malaria Modeling Capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Digital Health Services for Pregnant Women to Support Antenatal Risk Stratification in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Innovations in Eliminating Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Metagenomic Next Generation Sequencing to Detect, Identify, and Characterize Pathogens
Browse videos from the 2021 Grand Challenges Annual Meeting and read the associated blog post and press release.
Perspective on COVID-19
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation continues to work with the public and private sectors in the global response to COVID-19. To learn more about the foundation’s broader work and how COVID-19 is being addressed across the foundation, please visit the foundation’s website and also sign-up for The Optimist newsletter.
Grand Challenges Partnership Network
We invite you to read summaries of the grants awarded to date through Grand Challenges initiatives with the Gates Foundation as funder or co-funder and to explore an interactive world map of projects across the broader Grand Challenges funding partner network. This map is filling in over time, increasingly with locally led programs in the countries most affected by global health inequities.
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities