Category A: Independent Medical Education Grants.
Through this RFP, it is our intent to support educational programs for healthcare providers focused on the recognition, diagnosis, treatment, and overall care management of patients with COVID-19. Specific topics of interest include:
• Overview of the epidemiology, virology, and clinical features of COVID19
• Summary of the criteria for testing and interpreting results of laboratory testing
• Recommendations for managing patients with COVID-19 at home and in the hospital
• Counsel for preventing transmission in the clinic and in the community
• Review of Investigational treatments
• Guidance for managing special patient populations during the COVID19 pandemic
• Retraining on COVID-19 relevant medical procedures (e.g. ventilator management) for clinicians returning to the work force
• Guidelines on the correct use and procedures of personal protective equipment (PPE)
In addition, we are interested in supporting programs that include tools designed to help HCP’s educate patients and caregivers on the disease state, preventative measures, and emerging strategies for COVID-19 treatment.
Category B: Quality & Process Improvement Grants.
The intent of this grant category is to provide support to hospitals or healthcare systems so that they may evaluate and improve their systems-ofcare for COVID-19 patients. Funds can be used for staff training or clinical process improvement. While hospitals are dealing with the urgent care of patients with COVID-19, these grants can be used to address procedural challenges and needs. Quality improvement grants can also be used to help facilitate the sharing and exchange of best practices across hospital systems or geographic regions. Our goal is that the quality or process of care of patients will be improved with this additional funding support.
The total available budget related to this RFP is $5,000,000 USD.
• Expected approximate range of grant awards: $20,000 to $250,000 USD. We will consider larger grants depending on the size and scope of the program.
To facilitate a rapid response, application reviews and approvals will be done on a rolling basis. Although the RFP application window is open for 6 weeks,
organizations are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We anticipate a high volume of applications and will continue to award grants until the budget
• Grant Application RFP start date: April 13, 2020
• Grant Application RFP closing date: May 22, 2020
• Anticipated Grant Award Notification Date: Our intent is to review and make funding decisions on all applications within 7-10 days* of submission.
• Grants will be distributed following a fully executed agreement.
• Anticipated Project Start: As soon as possible after the grant agreement
URL for more information:
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities