The FSR Fellowship Grant is designed to increase clinician and researcher engagement and commitment within the sarcoidosis field. The intent of the opportunity is, through funding, to ensure medical professionals interested in sarcoidosis and related aspects can remain in the field.
The FSR Clinical and Research Fellowship Grant is a two-year funding opportunity at an academic center, clinic, or hospital specifically in the area of sarcoidosis. The FSR Fellowship Grant provides an opportunity to develop specialized skills and gain experience in clinical and/or basic science settings directly within the field of sarcoidosis during the early career development phase.
FSR prefers that the first year of training involves patient management, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures followed by a second year of training partially focused on a research project.
· FSR will fund two fellowships each for a two-year period. Total funding is $125,000 per year per fellow ($250,000 per Fellow over a two-year period).
· Applicants must describe career goals relating to a long-term commitment to sarcoidosis research and clinical care.
· The funding, restricted to the compensation package of the Fellow, will be provided directly to the hosting institute in one annual payment for each year. Funding does not allow overhead.
· As funded by FSR, host will provide stipend or salary for a year, at a locally competitive rate, payable directly to the Fellow
· There is no obligation by a potential Host Institution to make an offer or by a Fellow to accept an employment offer beyond the Fellowship agreement.·
Applicants must submit proof of IRB submission or IRB approval before funding is provided.
February 14 Deadline for applications
February 14 – April 30 Review
May 2020 Decision Notification
May – June 30 Host Institute/FSR Agreement Process and Funding Payment
July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022 Fellowship at Host Institution
URL for more information
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities