This e-mail is to notify the research community of recently released pre-announcement for the Bone Marrow Failure Research Program (BMFRP) managed by the Department of Defense (DOD) office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) https://cdmrp.army.mil/pubs/press/press to allow investigators time to plan and develop ideas for submission to the anticipated FY19 funding opportunities. FY19 funding opportunities are anticipated for the Idea Development Award:
- Established Investigators: Independent investigators at or above the level of Assistant Professor (or equivalent) and 10 years or more from first faculty appointment
- Early Career Investigators: Investigators at the level of Assistant Professor (or equivalent) and less than 10 years from first faculty appointment.
- Preproposal is required; full application submission is by invitation only.
- Supports innovative ideas and high-impact approaches based on scientifically sound evidence to move toward the vision to understand and cure BMF.
- Strong BMF research team.
- May include relevant preliminary data.
- Clinical trials will not be supported.
- Maximum funding of $325,000 in direct costs (plus indirect costs)
- Period of performance not to exceed 2 years
Descriptions of each of the anticipated funding opportunities, eligibility, key mechanism elements, and funding can be found in the Program pre-announcement. FY19 pre-announcements can be found in the CDMRP home page features at https://cdmrp.army.mil.
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities