- Internal Submission Deadline: Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Funding Organization’s Deadline: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
- Award Cycle: Fall 2018 Sponsor Deadline
- Funding Available: 250,000.00
This is to announce the internal process for selecting the UVA candidate for the CIT CRCF Eminent Researcher Recruitment Program. UVA may only submit one (1) proposal. CIT plans to release its FY2019 CRCF RFP in early October. The details herewith anticipate the FY2019 RFP will closely resemble those of past years.
Overview: The Eminent Researcher Recruitment Program assists public institutions of higher education in the Commonwealth acquire or enhance research superiority in qualified technologies by recruiting a top scholar to the faculty of that institution. Applicants must involve a private sector partner with business operations in the Commonwealth. The researcher’s expertise and his / her contribution to the organization’s research superiority must relate to one (1) or more of the key industry sectors below:
- Cyber Security, with particular interest in applications for autonomous systems, identity management, cloud infrastructure, and Internet of Things
- Energy, specifically clean energy
- Information Technology, specifically data analytics
- Life Sciences, with particular interest in precision medicine, neuroscience, and medtech
- Unmanned Systems
Total Funding and Award Size: Applicants may submit one (1) LOI/application for a maximum of $250,000 during this limited submission solicitation.
Matching Funding: Applications must match the award, on at least a one-to-one basis, with 50% of the match coming from the applicant institution and 50% of the match coming from the private sector partner. Up to 12% of CRCF requested funds may be used to support indirect costs.
For more information please visit: https://www.cit.org/initiatives/crcf/fy2019/preview/ and review the pdfs posted with this call-for-LOIs
Anticipated CIT Timeline:
November 27, 2018 (12:00pm) – Letter of Intent Deadline
January 31, 2019 (12:00pm noon) – Application Deadline
Early June 2019 – Award announcements
Instructions for Submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI): To apply, click on View Letter of Intent. You will login to the system using NetBadge. If the PI is submitting the Letter of Intent, the PI’s name and email will already be filled in. If you are submitting the proposal on behalf of the PI, please fill in the PI’s name and email address (use the PI’s UVA ID, not an email alias). Enter the proposal title, the list of participating faculty (name and Department), and a short (no more than 1 paragraph) description of the planned proposal. This information will be used to help develop the internal review panel, if necessary. Letters of Intent must be received by 5:00pm on September 27, 2018.
Faculty submitting LOIs will be contacted regarding an internal competition, if necessary. Should a competition be necessary, the internal application will be due on or around October 18, 2018 and must consist of:
- a single PDF file no more than two pages in length, which contains: i) project title, ii) key industry sector from among the aforementioned, iii) project description, iv) matching fund amount and source,
N.B.: the source of the matching funds must be noted in one’s application
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities