If you wish to speak with The Conafay Group about crafting your proposal under one of these programs, please contact Steve Wasserman (ssw3an).
This e-mail is to notify the research community of the recently released FY18 funding opportunities for the Department of Defense (DoD). These programs are being managed by the office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
- Career Development Award (letters of intent due November 14, 2018; applications due December 5, 2018)
- Investigator-Initiated Research Award (letters of intent due August 29, 2018; applications due December 5, 2018)
- Idea Development Award (letters of intent due September 5, 2018; applications due September 26, 2018)
- Concept Award (letters of intent due July 11, 2018; applications due August 8, 2018)
- Translational Research Partnership Award (letters of intent due September 5, 2018; applications due September 26, 2018)
- Physician Research Award (letters of intent due September 5, 2018; applications due September 26, 2018)
- Technology Development Award (letters of intent due September 5, 2018; applications due September 26, 2018)
Lupus Research Program (LRP). For both of these programs, letters of intent are due October 10, 2018 and applications are due November 7, 2018.
- Concept Award
- Impact Award
- Idea Development Award (letters of intent due July 26, 2018; applications due October 4, 2018)
- Longitudinal Risk Factors Award (letters of intent due September 20, 2018; applications due October 4, 2018)
Peer Reviewed Alzheimer’s Research Program (PRARP). For all of these programs, letters of intent are due September 20, 2018 and applications are due October 4, 2018.
- New Investigator Research Award
- Research Partnership Award
- Convergence Science Research Award
- Quality of Life Research Award
Detailed descriptions of the funding opportunity, evaluation criteria, and submission requirements can be found in the Program Announcements. The Program Announcements are available electronically for downloading from the Grants.gov website (http://www.grants.gov), the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil/funding/prgdefault.shtml) and the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) (https://eBRAP.org <https://ebrap.org/> ).
All CDMRP funding opportunities, both recently and previously released, are available on the CDMRP website (http://cdmrp.army.mil).
Subsequent notifications will be sent when additional funding opportunities are released. A listing of all open CDMRP funding opportunities can be obtained on the Grants.gov website by performing a basic search using CFDA Number 12.420.
Submission is a two-step process requiring both pre-application submission and full application submission. All pre-applications must be submitted through eBRAP (https://eBRAP.org/). Full applications from extramural organizations (non-DoD organizations) must be submitted through Grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov/). Intramural DoD organizations may submit full applications to either eBRAP or Grants.gov. Refer to the General Application Instructions, Section II.A. for registration and submission requirements for eBRAP and Grants.gov. For detailed information on the submission process, refer to Section II.D. of the Program Announcement/Funding Opportunity.
eBRAP is a multifunctional web-based system that allows PIs to submit their pre-applications electronically through a secure connection, to view and edit the content of their pre-applications and full applications, to receive communications from the CDMRP, and to submit documentation during award negotiations and period of performance. A key feature of eBRAP is the ability of an organization’s representatives and PIs to view and modify the application submissions associated with them. eBRAP will validate the application files against the specific Program Announcement/Funding Opportunity requirements and discrepancies will be noted in an email to the PI and in the Full Application Files tab in eBRAP. It is the applicant’s responsibility to review all application components for accuracy as well as ensure proper ordering as specified in this Program Announcement/Funding Opportunity.
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities