CGII has announced its grant opportunities for fall 2018. In response to faculty feedback, grant amounts have been adjusted somewhat (see below and described more fully at https://news.med.virginia.edu/deansoffice/files/2018/05/Center-for-Global-Inquiry-Innovation-grants-fall-2018.docx) and streamlined. We have also added a new out-of-cycle grant for time sensitive projects (GIGs). Full descriptions of the opportunities are attached to this email and will be posted to the website.
A summary of the opportunities and their deadlines follows:
- G-PODs (Global Programs of Distinction): Grant size now ranges from $20K-$100K. $125K available/year. Deadline November 5, 2018.
- CGs (Center Grants): Grant size now is up to $20K. These are available twice yearly. $80K available twice/year. The fall deadline is October 15, 2018. The spring deadline will be March 18, 2019).
- GIGs (NEW! GLOBAL INITIATIVE GRANTS): These are out-of-cycle proposals for time-sensitive projects. Grants up to $7.5K. $50K available/year. Rolling applications.
- FGRUs (Faculty Global Research with Undergraduates): Grant size up to $10K. $60K available/year. Rolling applications.
- GLs (Global Lunches): The same zero-cost, low-hassle opportunity for interdisciplinary groups of colleagues to get a series of free lunches and begin talking about an issue they would like to explore.
Questions: contact Brian Owensby at firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities