The Department of Defense has released pre-announcements of several programs that will be managed by the CDMRP. The School of Medicine has engaged The Conafay Group (TCG) to help investigators who are interested in applying for DoD support. If you are interested in applying to one of these programs and have not yet spoken with TCG, please ask Steve Wasserman (ssw3an) to get you in contact with them. Updates on this program will be posted at the From the Dean’s Office web site.
Although funds have not been appropriated for the peer reviewed programs managed by the Department of Defense (DOD) office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP), this e-mail is to notify the research community of recently released pre-announcements to allow investigators time to plan and develop ideas for submission to the anticipated FY18 funding opportunities.
Some of these preliminary announcements have been posted to the From the Dean’s Office web site, as noted below:
- Tick-Borne Disease Research Program (http://cdmrp.army.mil/pubs/press/2018/18tbdrppreann)
- Peer-Reviewed Orthopaedic Research Program (http://cdmrp.army.mil/pubs/press/2018/18prorppreann)
- Peer Reviewed Cancer Research Program (http://cdmrp.army.mil/pubs/press/2018/18prcrppreann)
- Gulf War Illness Research Program
- Lung Cancer Research Program
See also: https://news.med.virginia.edu/deansoffice/uvasomrestriction/privatenbauth-uva-only/department-of-defense-lung-cancer-research-program-preliminary-announcement/
- Parkinson’s Research Program
See also: https://news.med.virginia.edu/deansoffice/uvasomrestriction/privatenbauth-uva-only/department-of-defense/
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities