UVa now has access to two funding discovery tools, Pivot and GrantForward. These tools allow faculty, students and staff to search for funding opportunities. All students, faculty and staff can also create personal accounts so that they can save searches and set up email alerts. Pivot now provides single sign-on integration, so users can login using NetBadge (note: many UVa faculty and staff may have an existing Pivot account from a previous license). Links to the tools and to tutorials are below.
The VPR Research Funding Opportunities webpage also includes links to the tools, and the Health Sciences Library is hosting a Funding Discovery page with additional resources. The Health Sciences Library and University Libraries have developed a series of workshops on funding discovery tools. The schedule for these workshops is as follows:
- Sept 7: 10-11am, Health Sciences Library (registration: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/node/38789)
- Oct 12: 2-3pm, Brown Library (registration to be available soon)
- Nov 16: 1-2pm Health Sciences Library (registration: https://www.hsl.virginia.edu/node/38790)
The office of the VPR is very interested in hearing feedback on these tools – please feel free to email Jeff Fox (email@example.com) with any feedback.
- YouTube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/ProQuestPivot
- LibGuides: http://proquest.libguides.com/pivot
- Help http://support.proquest.com/pivot/home
- Quick Tips: https://www.grantforward.com/support/quick_tips
- YouTube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2JReXmS7sKlGSy3NA1JKww
- Webinars: https://www.grantforward.com/support/webinars
Filed Under: Research Awards