DHS has released its Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for FY14. The Long Range BAA focuses on a wide range of science and engineering disciplines that align with existing DHS S&T Divisions. These include:
- Border and Maritime Security. Development and evaluation of detection, classification, and locating technologies to respond to border and maritime threats.
- Chemical and Biological Defense. Advanced surveillance and detection technologies, responsive countermeasures, and improved threat awareness.
- Cyber Security. Advanced cyber and critical infrastructure protections, including secure protocols, end system security, user identity and data privacy technologies, and forensic capabilities.
- Explosives Countermeasures. Detection, mitigation, and response to explosive threats (aviation, highway, maritime, and improvised explosive devices).
- First Responder. Tools, technologies, and standards to improve communication among first responders.
- Resilient Systems. Human factors/identification systems, physical security systems, and decision support systems.
Specific foci within these divisions are detailed in the full BAA.
Letters of Intent must be submitted prior to submitting a full proposal. Applicants may still submit a full proposal even if DHS does not encourage this based on their white paper. In addition, proposers may submit inquiries regarding the viability of their research prior to submitting a white paper via the submission portal located at the solicitation site noted below.
Deadline: The BAA will remain open until January 1, 2019, with white papers and full proposals accepted on a rolling basis.
Additional information: http://www.dhs.gov/st-activities-and-programs.
Filed Under: Funding Opportunities