Below are highlights from the Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) meeting held on Tuesday, May 10, 2016:
Health System Integrated Space Planning (ISP) Study Update
- ISP will provide a guide for capital investment in the Health System by aligning clinical/academic/research strategies with financial and physical resources.
- By September UVAHS will have a 10-year road map for its capital investment strategy. Renovation, removal, and construction of new space are all being considered.
- To achieve more efficient and flexible use of space and to accomplish near-term goals, a space advisory committee will be formed to guide space governance and policies.
- Conversations will continue via town halls in June. Your feedback is encouraged.
Promotion and Tenure
- We value our non-tenure faculty and want to help ensure their academic success. We have worked with the Provost to improve the criteria for advancement:
- One domain of excellence
- Scholarship (original work and/or dissemination of ideas and findings to colleagues who critically evaluate)
- National reputation evidenced by external involvement and evaluations by external referees.
- This is part of an ongoing conversation.